Well, the housewarming was "sedate" and the Barbecue only avoided being rained off through the totemic application of deck-chairs. I missed many people, yet was simultaneously glad as our seating and storage solutions are still (rather poorly) improvised. NTL found a fault somewhere which meant they couldn't cable us up, so "offline for a week" is becoming "improvising web access for two weeks". In the meantime we got a savagely threatening letter from the TV licensing people. Oh, the irony. Word from guests, various:
- We should knock down some walls. I may mark them with a big X in preparation.
- We need a doorbell. Preferably one that'll be audible in the garden.
- The need for a chaise longue in the downstairs living room is more urgent than I had previously suspected.
- Garden Parasols are very good things indeed, especially when it's tipping down.
- Fixing guttering is a cosmetic problem.
- That bump on the drive needs smoothing because it's giving peoples' cars scrapie.
- Comics boxes covered with cushions make an OK-ish daybed but we'd better get a Dromminge sometime soon or else.
Please feel free to add to my to-do list here. I'm sure I'm not remembering everything ...