I've been away from Livejournal for a few days but not for any bad reasons; mostly, I'm spending every waking hour bent over my latest light table cludge (a poster display scavenged from a skip outside a shop over a low-energy lightbulb wrapped in modelling mesh) finishing the story of the Rt. Hon Jonathon Harding's trip to the mysterious east. For the trip up north (where careful inking would be compromised by lurching) I have the considerably shorter "Private Show" to block out.
In the spaces between drawing I have;
- been to Liban only to discover that the belly dancers were on their easter holiday
- eaten sea trout and found it to be a rather strange colour
- gone by accident to a pub called The Seven Stars which appeared to be showing cut-n-paste Eastenders (although perhaps it just looks like that nowadays) while a man in a black shiny waistcoat with silver stars made random sexist pronouncements which were challenged by his thinner friend in a sort of call-and-response display which seemed directed at the woman who was with them
- seen To my Boy live in the Fleece, where Debra sent me to the bar with requests for strange things (tea, sweets) allowing me to sigh theatrically and act like it was a big favour to buy beer from them
- Watered my garden (already showing green shoots in the new wildflower area) while muttering darkly about April showers
- Watched Dr Who and squealed about kittens entirely more times than is healthy.