- 09:04 Breakfast. We're the only people under 60. At the door, 'hurry it up!' behind us. It's a little old man impersonating a spaniel, quite well.
- 13:51 Only got hold of the guide book after the old slate works, too late to yell abort! on one of the interesting routes up Mount Snowdon. Scree!
- 13:53 Have found all the views! Feasting on mini jaffa cakes and trying to spot an afanc in the reservoir. Clouds closing in, could get wet soon.
- 14:53 Nearly at summit, sitting by the waystone in a raincloud in my waterproofs like a grumpy elf, steeling myself for the mountaintop crowds.
- 15:27 Just saw a red-legged partridge on top of mount snowdon. Also about fifty-nine dogs and a liverpudlian in pedal pushers. Better her than me!
- 16:29 In the cloud, no visibility. Unseen the train approaches engine noise through mist which becomes stream blows toward us gone with a whistle.
- 17:04 Coming down the tourist trail. Ugg boots are the high heeled flipflops of Snowdonia.
- 23:01 Light fading. Cold water falling from sky. Tired, hungry, footsore, sick of sky, sheep, mountains. Also (yay) in car heading back to hotel.
moments between posts - mount snowdon ascended
Yes, so we have another gig - It's all about the Music this Friday which seems to have jumped up on me rather - sorry for the short notice. It's…
We actually have a gig! We are playing (performance-from-home) this Friday 5th Feb (gig from 7.30pm, we're on at 9.30pm) on Instagram live right over…
I finally got round to emptying the last of my destroyed camera. I'd broken it shortly before going into isolation, pre-op, at an exhibition which I…