- Look out a dozen likely cocktails first because cocktail books aren't designed to be easy to find anything in.
- Cocktails involving soda or some sort of mixer should be given precedence, to avoid early and/or excessive drunkenness.
- Chop up a load of fruit and put out a big bowl of ice. That way you can half-fill your glass without feeling like a wimp.
- Cocktail sticks! Cocktail umbrellas! Drink caddies! Swizzlers! (Indoor) sparklers!
- Spread the snacks more widely. Perhaps a hostess trolley?
- Cherry brandy = evil.
- Start games early, or not at all.
- Never arrange to give something back to someone at a cocktail party.
- Lay off the f***ing absinthe, however nice it seems at the time. Also the Sambuco, overproof rum, chemical alcohol, Stroh and other instant doom style drinks (includes Zombies and Long Island Iced Tea).
- Buy lemons in advance.
cocktail lessons (absinthe makes the party shorter)
We actually have a gig! We are playing (performance-from-home) this Friday 5th Feb (gig from 7.30pm, we're on at 9.30pm) on Instagram live right over…
I finally got round to emptying the last of my destroyed camera. I'd broken it shortly before going into isolation, pre-op, at an exhibition which I…
It's an odd thing to think about, what went wrong with compilation-swapping last year. I got ill, certainly, and the creeping sort of ill that leaves…