Latest Love Film was The Losers, adapted from Andy Diggle's Vertigo comic of the same name, which starred what appeared to be a bunch of A-lister stunt doubles but which actually turned out to be quite famous(the gym bunny/hacker, e.g. was Captain America). Guess they'd just been asked to act like Pitt, Clooney, et alia. Astonishingly stupid. Speaking of which, Mythbusters tested the whole "shoot out a rocket launcher with a handgun" thing that John Malkovitch did in one of the more memorable scenes from Red. BUSTED - but with a very interesting footnote. Their test proved that if distances were increased a handgun could take out a rocket, albeit leaving the bad guy (rocket) unscathed and risking the good guy (handgun) a shower of molten lead.
Sherlock, eh. That was a bit nuts. I sense the influence of a consulting magician.
Notes from the week: I should organise a Bugpunk party; think of the costumes! Darwin Day would be the ideal time for a marathon game of Primordial Soup. I really should contact Jason about trimming his tree as the growing season is coming on early this year. There should be a Keats Day to balance Burns Night (oh, but he was born on 31st Oct, that won't work). Where would be a good picnic venue for January? I'm sure I saw a parakeet fly across the Thames near Iffley.
Last week's chore list:
- Bathroom tile grouting fully repaired
- Put the bare root roses in (Whiskey Mac and Masquerade)
- Tidied back the overgrowth and mulched the deep bed
- Straightened and tested the propagater
- Tidied and straightened my day bed (promptly rewarded by Teasel adopting it as his new favourite spot)
- Did my taxes
- Removed another small piece of wallpaper from the stairs wall